The Eastern Range Project was intended to increase the output of the Paraburdoo mine site by 10Mtpa.
As the Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) consultant, our team delivered the project from concept to completion including prefeasibility, detailed design, construction and final commissioning.
- Run-of-mine and primary crushing
- Refurbishment and installation of a secondary crusher
- Analysis of overland conveyor options resulting in upgrade of 15km overland conveyer
- Brownfields plant optimisation including surge bins, belt feeders, dust collection, screening and crusher de-bottlenecking, and
- Process and mass balancing of three mines: Paraburdoo, Channar and Eastern Range projects
Meeting challenges with solutions
Perched atop the local hills surrounding Paraburdoo, the mine and plant development was challenging particularly with respect to transport of field machinery and equipment up the hillside.
An additional challenge was interfacing a common process plant between three unique ore bodies over a radius of 30km.
Our team of engineers and process control specialists worked to overcome this challenge and delivered the project to the client’s throughput objectives and expectations.
The project was completed on schedule and budget, with an exemplary safety record.