Rio Tinto Iron Ore Expansion Projects
Pilbara Region, Western Australia, Australia
Calibre’s Projects and Technologies teams have been engaged as the Engineering Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) consultant for the AutoHaul® project in Western Australia.
This project is the worlds’ first automated, long distance, heavy haul rail network and is a key component of the Rio Tinto Iron Ore Rail Capacity Enhancement Project (RCE).
The introduction of AutoHaul® will enable an increase in shipped iron ore tonnages to 353 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) through reducing ore delivery cycle times as well as improving the safety and efficiency of rail operations on the mainline. This will be achieved through an optimised driving strategy, which is computed by an on-board, predictive, dynamic train simulation.
To date, deliverables for the AutoHaul® project have included:
- Integrated locomotive on-board systems
- Upgrades to the Rio Tinto Data Network (RTDN)
- Additional signalling at load out loop and rail yard handover points
- Enhanced wayside asset protection systems
- Additional level crossing protection, and
- Modified work stations at the Operations Centre.
Rio Tinto Remote Operations Centre Enablement
Electronically Controlled Pneumatic (ECP) Workshop
Rio Tinto Electronically Controlled Pneumatic (ECP) Braking